Continuum A Moving Inquiry Training Program: Module 1
Values, Principles, and Methods of Practice
Every somatic movement practice encompasses principles and values that guide the methods it embraces. Principles serve as the fundamental truths and foundation for the practice, while values are what is important within the art of the practice.
In this first module of the training we focus our learning on deepening our understanding through practices of breath, sound, movement, touch, and witnessing along with non-verbal creative expression and verbal dialogue; as they express principles on which Continuum is founded:
- Learning through self-inquiry,
- Attuning to the silent level (non-words) movements of our being,
- The human body is a fluid organism in resonance with all life on this planet and with the movements of the cosmos; and
- Movement is what we are.
We will also offer our enduring interested and open attention to the values of:
- Awakening sensation awareness,
- Exploring micro and macro movement expression, developing sequences and layering in service of deepening inquiry,
- Developing more language at the descriptive level of our experience,
- Slowing down, pausing, and suspending habitual movement, thought, and feeling patterns; and
- Opening to the emerging unexpected and discovery of new meaning.
By focusing on the principles and values of Continuum, the intention of this first module is to provide a well-grounded experience in the foundations of Continuum to support further modular study and your ongoing development as a teacher/practitioner.
For More Information please visit:
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Abrams, MA, RSME, founder/director of Moving Body Resources in New York City since 1999, leads classes, workshops, and private sessions with people ranging in age from 23 to 98 years old. She loves movement in every dimension, has been immersed in Continuum for 23 years learning with Emilie Conrad, Susan Harper, & Gary David; holds a masters degree in Consciousness Studies; and teaches on the MA Dance & Somatic Wellbeing course at the University of Central Lancashire, UK. She is eternally grateful to every person who has given her the honor to move and learn with them.